Encouraging young designers and architects to create and design innovative, sustainable solutions for the bathroom, the sixth edition of the international design contest jumpthegap, organised by Roca and the Barcelona Design Centre (BCD), launches worldwide!
An ideal platform for new generations to show their talent and visions for the bathroom of the future, jumpthegap is aimed at young professionals and students of architecture and design under 35.
In order to promote the excellence and talent among budding designers, jumpthegap offers three prizes: two winning projects and one Special Sustainability Prize, which is presented by the Roca We Are Water Foundation. With sustainability being one of the most important principles of bathroom design and integral to the Roca philosophy, the We Are Water Foundation would like to recognise works that support their objective to create a new culture for water.
Since the very beginning, jumpthegap, has worked with a jury of prestigious architects and designers and this edition is no different. The 2014 jury includes:
• Ma Yansong (China), Founding principal of MAD Architects, Beijing
• Marcelo Rosenbaum (Brazil), Designer and Director of the design and innovation office Rosenbaum
• Tom Dyckhoff (United Kingdom), Journalist and Architecture Critic, currently presenting The Great Interior Design Challenge on BBC2
• Guta Moura (Portugal), Co-founder of Experimenta and Director of EXD Biennale
• Josep Congost (Spain), Design Director at the Roca Design Centre & Innovation Lab
• Rafael de La-Hoz (Spain), Patron of the Contemporary Architecture Foundation
• Isabel Roig (Spain), Managing Director of BCD (Barcelona Design Centre) and President of BEDA (Bureau of European Design Associations).
For further information and details about how to enter visit www.jumpthegap.net.
For more information about the launch event at Roca London Gallery click here >>.