1.1 If you buy goods on our site you agree to be legally bound by this contract.
1.2 This contract only applies to goods bought from our online site.
1.3 This contract is only available in English. No other languages will apply to this contract.
1.4 When buying any goods you also agree to be legally bound by:
- 1.4.1 our website terms and conditions and any documents referred to in them;
- 1.4.2 extra terms which may add to, or replace some of, this contract. This may happen for security, legal or regulatory reasons. We will contact you to let you know if we intend to do this by giving you one month’s notice; and
- 1.4.3 specific terms which apply to certain goods. If you want to see these specific terms, please visit the relevant webpage at any time during the online checkout process.
- All of the above documents form part of this contract as though set out in full here.
2 Information we give you
2.1 By law, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that we must give you certain key information before a legally binding contract between you and us is made. If you want to see this key information, please:
- 2.1.1 click on the ‘key information’ button;
- 2.1.2 read the acknowledgement email (see clause 4.3); or
- 2.1.3 contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
2.2 The key information we give you by law forms part of this contract (as though it is set out in full here).
2.3 If we have to change any key information once a legally binding contract between you and us is made, we can only do this if you agree to it.
3 Your privacy and personal information
4 Ordering goods from us
4.1 Below, we set out how a legally binding contract between you and us is made.
4.2 You place an order on the site by using the online checkout facility. Please read and check your order carefully before submitting it. However, if you need to correct any errors you can do so before submitting it to us.
4.3 When you place your order at the end of the online checkout process, we will acknowledge it by email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted.
4.4 We may contact you to say that we do not accept your order. This is typically for the following reasons:
- 4.4.1 the goods are unavailable;
- 4.4.2 we cannot authorise your payment;
- 4.4.3 you are not allowed to buy the goods from us;
- 4.4.4 we are not allowed to sell the goods to you;
- 4.4.5 you have ordered too many goods; or
- 4.4.6 there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the goods.
4.5 We will only accept your order when we email you to confirm this (Confirmation Email). At this point:
- 4.5.1 a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us; and
- 4.5.2 we will dispatch the goods to you.
4.6 If you are under the age of 18 you may not buy any goods from the site.
5 Right to cancel
5.1 You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
5.2 The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods.
5.3 To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement. You are required to complete a return request in your account, online at www.uk.roca.com.
5.4 To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
6 Effects of cancellation
6.1 If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
6.2 We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
6.3 We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 6.3.1 14 days after the day we received back from you any goods supplied; or
- 6.3.2 (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods; or
- 6.3.3 if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
6.4 We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
6.5 We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
6.6 If you have received goods:
- 6.6.1 you shall send back the goods or hand them over to us or, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired;
- 6.6.2 we will bear the cost of returning the goods and you should use the returns form available in your account online at www.uk.roca.com.
- 6.6.3 goods should be returned where practicable unopened, unused (not fitted) and in original packaging, however you are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling of the goods which goes beyond what is reasonably necessary for you to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
7.1 The estimated date and time window for delivery of the goods is set out in the Confirmation Email (see clause 4.5).
7.2 If something happens which:
- 7.2.1 is outside of our control; and
- 7.2.2 affects the estimated date of delivery;
we will let you have a revised estimated date for delivery of the goods.
7.3 Delivery of the goods will take place when we deliver them to the address that you gave to us.
7.4 Unless you and we agree otherwise, if we cannot deliver your goods within 30 days, we will:
- 7.4.1 let you know;
- 7.4.2 cancel your order; and
- 7.4.3 give you a refund.
7.5 If nobody is available to take delivery, please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
7.6 You are responsible for the goods when delivery has taken place. In other words, the risk in the goods passes to you when you take possession of the goods.
8.1 We accept the credit cards and debit cards listed on our website. We do not accept cash.
8.3 Your credit card or debit card will only be charged when the goods are allocated for delivery.
8.4 All payments by credit card or debit card need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer.
8.5 If your payment is not received by us and you have already received the goods, you:
- 8.5.1 must pay for such goods within 30 days; or
- 8.5.2 must return them to us as soon as possible. If so, you must keep the goods in your possession, take reasonable care of them (including ensuring that you follow any instructions or manuals given with the goods) and not use them before you return them to us.
8.6 If you do not return any goods (such as where you have not paid for them) we may collect the goods from you at your expense. We will try to contact you to let you know if we intend to do this.
8.7 Nothing in this clause affects your legal rights to cancel the contract during the ‘cooling off’ period under clauses 5 and 6.
8.8 The price of the goods:
- 8.8.1 is in pounds sterling (£)(GBP);
- 8.8.2 includes VAT at the applicable rate; and
- 8.8.3 does not include the cost of:
- (a) delivering the goods (delivery prices are displayed at checkout before you place your order.
9 Nature of the goods
9.1 The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you certain legal rights (also known as ‘statutory rights’), for example, the goods:
- 9.1.1 are of satisfactory quality;
- 9.1.2 are fit for purpose;
- 9.1.3 match the description, sample or model.
9.2 We must provide you with goods that comply with your legal rights.
9.3 The packaging of the goods may be different from that shown on the site.
9.4 While we try to make sure that:
- 9.4.1 all weights, sizes and measurements set out on the site are as accurate as possible, there may be a small tolerance of up to 5% in such weights, sizes and measurements in the goods; and
- 9.4.2 the colours of our goods are displayed accurately on the site, the actual colours that you see on your computer may vary depending on the monitor that you use.
9.5 Any goods sold:
- 9.5.1 at discount prices;
- 9.5.2 as remnants; or
- 9.5.3 as substandard;
- will be identified and sold as such. Please check that they are of a satisfactory quality for their intended use.
10 Faulty goods
10.1 Your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’) are set out at the top of this contract. They are a summary of some of your key rights. For more detailed information on your rights and what you should expect from us, please:
- 10.1.1 contact us using the contact details at the top of this page; or
- 10.1.2 visit the Citizens Advice website www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
10.2 Nothing in this contract affects your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
10.3 Please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page, if you want:
- 10.3.1 us to repair the goods;
- 10.3.2 us to replace the goods;
- 10.3.3 a price reduction; or
- 10.3.4 to reject the goods and get a refund.
11.1 This clause shall not affect your statutory rights. We warrant that goods purchased pursuant to this contract are warranted to be of normal industrial quality and subject to specifications, weights and measurements and normal manufacturing tolerances
11.2 Coloured materials are subject to colour variation and this by itself shall not be considered a manufacturing defect.
11.3 We warrant that all goods purchased after 1st September 2008 pursuant to this contract will be free from defects for the following periods:
Acrylic, Steel and Cast Iron Baths
Enclosures and Screens
Installation System Frame
Brassware and Showers
10 years (lifetime guarantee on ceramic cartridge)
5 years (including concealed cistern internals, excluding diaphragm washer)
Furniture, mirrors, mirrored cabinets
Seats and Covers
Cistern internals and wastes
11.4 If the goods are not free from defects aforesaid by way of remedy we shall at our option either repair, replace or offer a full or partial refund or any combination of the above PROVIDED THAT:
- a. The defect was not capable of being apparent on inspection
- b. the Goods have been properly maintained and fitted in accordance with our recommendations
- c. we are notified within 14 days of discovery of the defect
- d. any goods alleged to be defective have been stored in a secure place and made available to us for inspection at our request
- e. no attempt by any third party or you has been made to remedy the defect
- f. we have confirmed the defect
- g. proof of purchase is presented to us.
12 End of the contract
If this contract is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this contract.
13 Limit on our responsibility to you
13.1 Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any:
- 13.1.1 losses that:
- (a) were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed;
- (b) that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- 13.1.2 business losses; and
- 13.1.3 losses to non-consumers.
14.1 We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
14.2 If you are unhappy with:
- 14.2.1 the goods;
- 14.2.2 our service to you; or
- 14.2.3 any other matter,
please contact us as soon as possible.
14.3 If you and we cannot resolve a dispute using our internal complaint handling procedure, we will:
- 14.3.1 let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you; and
- 14.3.2 give you certain information required by law about an alternative dispute resolution provider. We are not obliged and will not normally submit to an ADR procedure. You can submit your dispute to London Arbitration Centre by going to http://www.londonarbitrationcentre.com/, which is approved by the government to provide ADR services.
- 14.3.3 You may also use the online dispute resolution (ODR) platform to resolve the dispute with us. For more details, please visit the website on the ‘Your Europe’ portal https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr.
- 14.4 If you want to take court proceedings, the courts of the part of the United Kingdom in which you live will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this contract.
14.5 The laws of England and Wales will apply to this contract.
15 Third party rights
No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of this contract.